Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rainy Saturday & No Cookies

  I know he's here, I can hear the keyboard clicking.  It's 5:23 p.m. and I haven't heard word one since 2:30 this afternoon.  That's perfectly alright - he talked through 2 riviting episodes of AX MEN during lunch.  The tv was so loud, I didn't get a word of his conversation. But I know I'll hear it again.  And again.
  We decided earlier that yes, today is Saturday.  We weren't completely sure, since the days seem to blend into one long vacation - or prison time - depending on our individual moods. Today is rainy, cool, and we have no cookies in the house.  I made two great loaves of dark rye bread this afternoon. They are so good and we love the heavy, aromatic, chewy texture of the slices.  But, we are without cookies. One of us will go to Krogers very soon.  Guess who.  
  I hear rustling papers next door in Bob's studio. "Bob's Studio" a euphamism for small room with his computer blinking and all horizontal surfaces in total chaos. Paper, magazines, 2 potato plants, books, pencils, new roll of duck tape, a Mickey Mouse bubble light waiting for repair and other necessary items that make his place his own.   "Don't even think about moving anything. I know where everything is."
  His chair is moving.  Time for me to go.



 

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I like Bob's Studio. Now tell me about that potato plant. Is it a sweet potato stuck in a jar of water? I love how those things grow. I think I'll "plant" one. :)

    ReplyDelete